Thursday, January 17, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

I have made this twice now. The first time I made it I couldn't eat it. I was on a special diet (for medical reasons) and couldn't eat dairy or salts. Which this recipe is chalked full of. I made it the first time for a game night at our Bishop's house. Everyone loved it so I knew it was one of the first things  I was going to try when I was done with my diet. Well, everyone was right. It was delicious!

16 oz sour cream
16 slices (12 oz pkg) bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 c. thinly sliced scallions or chives

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with potato chips or pretzel crisps. Dip can be stored for 1 week in the fridge.

*I used bacon pieces from Costco. I buy the lg bag and they are cooked and crumbled for you. :) Less mess and less time
I used chives, simply because I didn't have chives

We served this with Ruffles potato chips

No comments: